We are currently assessing the extent to which the Pay in the Northern Ireland Civil Service Statistics, produced by the Northern Ireland Statistics Research Agency (NISRA), meet the professional standards set out in the statutory Code of Practice for Statistics with a view to designate National Statistics status.
The Code of Practice is a regulatory framework based on the trustworthiness, quality and value of statistics. Capturing the views of users, and potential users, forms an important part of our judgment about the statistics, including their strengths and how they could be improved.
We would very much welcome your feedback about these statistics and would be grateful if feedback could be aligned to the following questions.
- For what purposes do you use these statistics? What questions do you need the statistics to be able to answer for you?
- To what extent do you think that the statistics provide public value?
- How do you think that the statistics could be developed to help them become more valuable?
- Are there any data gaps which could be solved by improving the statistics?
- Are the statistics of sufficient quality for your needs, in particular do you consider them to be accurate enough, relevant and appropriately coherent with other data sources?
- Do you have any concerns about the methods used to produce the statistics? How clear is the supporting guidance about the strengths and limitations of the statistics?
- Is the presentation of the statistics (through charts, tables and commentary) helpful to you? How could presentation be improved?
- How does NISRA engage with you as a user? Are there any areas where you would welcome improved engagement?
We welcome comments on any other aspect of these statistics which you think might be relevant to our assessment. Please send any feedback to our assessors, Elise Baseley or Will Richardson, by Friday 15 October 2021.