The Office for Statistics Regulation is currently carrying out an assessment of the Welsh Revenue Authorities (WRA) Land Transaction Tax and Landfill Disposals Tax against the Code of Practice for Statistics. WRA took over the role of tax collection and data reporting for both outputs in April 2018. We will assess the statistics against the three pillars of the code – trustworthiness, quality and value – with a view to designating them as National Statistics.
We want your feedback
The Code of Practice places a strong emphasis on statistics meeting the needs of their users. Capturing the views of users, and potential users, forms an important part of our judgement of the statistics, and helps us to ascertain how they could be improved going forward. If you are a user of these statistics, we would very much welcome your feedback on these statistics and would be grateful if any thoughts could be aligned to the following questions:
- For what purpose do you use the WRA statistics?
- How well do the statistics meet your needs? For example, are the releases sufficiently timely and frequent? Is the data detailed enough for your uses?
- How clear is the advice from the WRA about the strengths and limitations of the statistics?
- How clearly do you find the statistics to be presented and analysed? Are there ways in which this could be improved?
- Your experience of any contact you have had with WRA
- Anything else you want to tell us about your experience with the statistics produced by WRA
We welcome comments on the above, or any other aspect of these statistics which you think might be relevant to our assessment. To contribute to our assessment, please get in touch with one of our assessment team: Will Richardson or Hannah Jeffery. We look forward to receiving your comments by 17 December 2021