We are currently assessing Office for National Statistics (ONS) Country and Regional Public Sector Finance Statistics. These statistics provide a granular insight into regional public sector finances and are used to inform the provision of public services.
We want your feedback
The Code of Practice places a strong emphasis on statistics meeting the needs of their users. Capturing the views of users, and potential users, forms an important part of our judgement of the statistics, and helps us to ascertain how they could be improved going forward. If you are a user of these statistics, we would very much welcome your feedback on these statistics and would be grateful if any thoughts on the following questions:
- For what purposes do you use these statistics? What questions do you need the statistics to be able to answer for you?
- To what extent do you think that the statistics provide public value?
- How do you think that the statistics could be developed to help them become more valuable?
- Are there any data gaps which could be solved by improving the statistics?
- Are the statistics of sufficient quality for your needs, in particular do you consider them to be accurate enough, relevant and appropriately coherent with other data sources?
- Do you have any concerns about the methods used to produce the statistics? How clear is the supporting guidance about the strengths and limitations of the statistics?
- Is the presentation of the statistics (through charts, tables and commentary) helpful to you? How could presentation be improved?
- How does ONS engage with you as a user? Are there any areas where you would welcome improved engagement?
We welcome comments on any other aspect of these statistics which you think might be relevant to our assessment. Please send any feedback to our assessors, Ben Bohane or Hannah Jeffery, by 18 February 2022.